Waverley Inveresk Trinity Hockey Club is committed to providing a safe environment for its players, coaches and supporters. In these unprecedented times, and as we approach a return to organised sport, we are committed to complying with additional safety standards in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. As such, the below policy has been written and must be adhered to by all members of WIT Hockey Club during training sessions and matches.
This COVID policy will be updated frequently in line with published announcements from the Scottish Government and the Scottish Hockey Union, as well as following the guidance procedures from our pitch owners, Edinburgh Leisure and Edinburgh Academy.
If you have any questions relating to this COVID policy, please contact the club’s COVID Co-ordinators: Kat Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org and Lisa Perrin email@example.com
- Be vigilant about symptoms. If you have a new and continuous cough, a temperature greater than 37.8oC, or loss of taste or smell, please stay home and follow the advice that can be found at https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19
- You will not be permitted to attend a WIT Hockey Club training session or play a match until you have completed an electronic registration form for the upcoming season. This is to ensure your contact details and medical information is up to date.
- A register of attendance will be taken at each training session and match to ensure compliance with the Government’s ‘Test and Protect’ protocols. Data relating to attendance will be held for no more than 14 days.
- Please arrive at your training session or match “ready to play”. Most indoor changing facilities will not be open at this time.
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes before the start time of the session in order to reduce waiting times or bottlenecks on entering the pitch.
- Coaches will run sessions in line with the most up-to date guidance, which is published here: https://www.scottish-hockey.org.uk/covid-19/covid-19-downloads/
- Maintain social distancing measures at all times when not participating in an organised drill. Listen to coaches and follow their instructions in relation to these measures.
- WIT Hockey Club must insist that you please bring your own equipment to training and matches, including sticks, gum shields, shin pads. Do not share equipment with any other players, including water bottles or food.
- Please do not touch balls or shared equipment – only coaches should touch balls, cones, and goals. Coaches will provide their own equipment which will be used for that session only and the equipment will be disinfected regularly.
- We kindly ask you bring your own hand sanitiser to training sessions and matches for personal use before and after your session. WIT Hockey Club will provide some additional hand sanitiser if you do not have access to your own.
Any participant not adhering to these guidelines will be referred to the WIT Committee and may be asked to leave the activity. Whilst we do not anticipate having to do this, our priority is to allow our members to play hockey in a safe and supportive environment. We will be pushed to take action against any behaviour that does not comply with these guidelines.